N-Wissen GmbH is glad to introduce the m-VROC – a leading automated, small sample viscometer used worldwide by different companies and leading research universities. Capable of the most demanding applications including small sample protein therapeutics, m-VROC™ features the widest dynamic range (high shear rate viscosity measurements up to 1,400,000 s-1) with as little as 50 microliters of sample.
With m-VROC™ Technology, we took the standard principles of rheometry and created a dynamic micro-sample viscometer by adding microfluidics while reducing the size of the device with MEMS (micro-electrical mechanical systems) manufacturing. The result was a new platform which offers capabilities that are well beyond the limits of conventional viscometers in not only the sample volumes required, but the measurement range and precision.
The measuring cell or “chip” contains a rectangular slit flow channel constructed of borosilicate glass, with a uniform cross-sectional area. The sample is injected at a constant flow rate though the flow channel where multiple pressure sensors mounted within the base monitor the pressure drop from the inlet to the outlet. The pressure drop is correlated with the shear-stress at the boundary wall. The shear rate and shear stress are directly related to the geometry of the rectangular slit and the flow rate which allow for viscosity measurements.
Applications: Bio-pharmaceutical & Protein Therapeutics, Ceramic, Coatings, Cosmeceuticals, Food & Beverages, Fracking, Inks, Rechargeable Battery and Fuel, Cells
- Patended m-VROC™ Technology
- Very high accuracy of viscosity measurements
- Continuous measurements of multiple samples
- Measurement time is less than 1 min
- Require just a few micro-liters per measurement
- Allow characterization of both Newtonian & non-Newtonian fluids
- Enable high shear rates without flow instabilities
- Prevent evaporation and contamination of samples
- Render high throughput due to a simple flow-through design
- Minimum Sample Volume: 50 µL
- Maximum Shear Rate, s-1: 0.5 ~ 1,400,000 s-1
- Viscosity Range, mPa-s (cP): 0.2 ~ 100,000 cP
- Temperature Range: 4~70°C (optionally can be extended)
- Temperature Control: yes (with optional Thermocube Unit)
- Accuracy: 2% of Reading
- Repeatability: 0.5% of Reading
- Temperature Sensor: Built-In
- Software: Included
- Non-Newtonian: yes
- Temperature Sweep: yes
- Shear Rate Sweep: yes
- Available syringe sizes: 100 µl, 250 µl, 500 µl, 1 ml, 10 ml
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 25 x 38 x 18
- Weight: approx. 7.2 kg
- Power Consumption: 60 W
- Wetted materials: borosilicate glass, silicon, PTFE, ETFE, PEEK, platinum or gold, chrome, Perlast (Kalrez optional)
- CE certified
For more information or instrument demonstration contact our sales team at email@example.com or +49 (0) 69 8900 4008.
N-Wissen GmbH introduces the world’s first electromagnetic viscometer EMS-1000S with rheological properties for viscosity measurement of micro samples up to 90μL.
The EMS viscometer is a new type innovative small volume viscometer that changed the common sense of viscosity measurement. With simple operation, this instrument enables quick and precise measuring of small amount of the sealed sample. Disposable containers also free the user from cleaning sample container after measurements.
- Small sample volumes required: 300μL (standard) or 90μL (optionally)
- Covers very wide viscosity range: 0.1 to 1 000 000 mPa·s
- Low viscosity measurement at constant or changed shear rates possible
- Integrated temperature control unit allows to set and reach quicly the temperature within range of 0℃ to 200℃, ±1℃
- Sealed Containers: toxic, volatile or anaerobic samples can be measured
- Disposable Containers: no need to clean the sampel containers after measurement. During measurement, the samples are not contaminated.
- Short Measuring Time: only 1 second is required to measure samples with a viscosity below 100 mPa·s and approx. 1 minute is required to measure samples with a viscosity of 10 000 mPa·s
- Shear rate: 0.01 to 150s-1 (depending on the sample’s viscosity). The shear rate can be varied by changing the rotational speed of motor, flow curves can be determined.
- Continuous measurement: by seating the measurement time, shear rate and temperature you can observe the viscosity changes of the same sample.
- Reliable measurement by viewing the status of sample with the integrated camera. You can check the status of the sample in real time with the built-in camera in the main unit.
The specially coated accessories offered exclusively by N-Wissen GmbH make the instrument to be suitable for viscoelastic materials like polymers, protein solutions, suspension, emulsions, etc.
For technical questions, price or instrument demonstration please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +49 (0) 69 8900 4008.
N-Wissen GmbH presents the world’s first Electromagnetically Spinning Viscometer / Rheometer for Small, Sticky and Precious Samples.
The measuring principle is impressively simple and very powerful:
* Wide measuring range 0.1 … 1,000,000 mPa∙s for many applications
* Automatically evaluate the temperature dependency of the viscosity in the range of 0 … 200°C within a very short time
* Captures the whole measurement with its built-in video camera
* Excellent repeatability of the measured values
* Disposable measuring cell – no cleaning required
* Requires only very small sample volumes (300 µl)
* Capable of performing determinations of the rheological behaviour of liquids by determining the shear rate dependency of the viscosity
* Provides a better absolute accuracy and repeatability of the results than classical Rotational Viscometers.
See a video on our official YouTube channel here.
For more information, demo, technical support please contact our company on +49 (0) 69 8900 4008 or at email@example.com.