N-Wissen GmbH is glad to introduce the m-VROC – a leading automated, small sample viscometer used worldwide by different companies and leading research universities. Capable of the most demanding applications including small sample protein therapeutics, m-VROC™ features the widest dynamic range (high shear rate viscosity measurements up to 1,400,000 s-1) with as little as 50 microliters of sample.
With m-VROC™ Technology, we took the standard principles of rheometry and created a dynamic micro-sample viscometer by adding microfluidics while reducing the size of the device with MEMS (micro-electrical mechanical systems) manufacturing. The result was a new platform which offers capabilities that are well beyond the limits of conventional viscometers in not only the sample volumes required, but the measurement range and precision.
The measuring cell or “chip” contains a rectangular slit flow channel constructed of borosilicate glass, with a uniform cross-sectional area. The sample is injected at a constant flow rate though the flow channel where multiple pressure sensors mounted within the base monitor the pressure drop from the inlet to the outlet. The pressure drop is correlated with the shear-stress at the boundary wall. The shear rate and shear stress are directly related to the geometry of the rectangular slit and the flow rate which allow for viscosity measurements.
Applications: Bio-pharmaceutical & Protein Therapeutics, Ceramic, Coatings, Cosmeceuticals, Food & Beverages, Fracking, Inks, Rechargeable Battery and Fuel, Cells
- Patended m-VROC™ Technology
- Very high accuracy of viscosity measurements
- Continuous measurements of multiple samples
- Measurement time is less than 1 min
- Require just a few micro-liters per measurement
- Allow characterization of both Newtonian & non-Newtonian fluids
- Enable high shear rates without flow instabilities
- Prevent evaporation and contamination of samples
- Render high throughput due to a simple flow-through design
- Minimum Sample Volume: 50 µL
- Maximum Shear Rate, s-1: 0.5 ~ 1,400,000 s-1
- Viscosity Range, mPa-s (cP): 0.2 ~ 100,000 cP
- Temperature Range: 4~70°C (optionally can be extended)
- Temperature Control: yes (with optional Thermocube Unit)
- Accuracy: 2% of Reading
- Repeatability: 0.5% of Reading
- Temperature Sensor: Built-In
- Software: Included
- Non-Newtonian: yes
- Temperature Sweep: yes
- Shear Rate Sweep: yes
- Available syringe sizes: 100 µl, 250 µl, 500 µl, 1 ml, 10 ml
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 25 x 38 x 18
- Weight: approx. 7.2 kg
- Power Consumption: 60 W
- Wetted materials: borosilicate glass, silicon, PTFE, ETFE, PEEK, platinum or gold, chrome, Perlast (Kalrez optional)
- CE certified
For more information or instrument demonstration contact our sales team at email@example.com or +49 (0) 69 8900 4008.